Machine Modification and Equipment Refurbishment
IES uses its vast depth of engineering knowledge and experience to undertake a wide range of machinery modifications and equipment upgrades. We ensure your UKCA and CE compliance requirements are met.
You can rely on us for cost-effective machinery and equipment modification and refurbishment services. As a leading provider of complete factory relocation, machinery movement and equipment installation solutions since 1991, our team has an unrivalled level of expertise that spans a variety of engineering services.
A Complete Equipment Modification Solution
IES designs, manufactures and supplies any parts you need to achieve a successful modification. Our in-house clean workshop provides the ideal environment for final testing and customer demonstrations. This efficient service from professional engineers meets your equipment requirements and minimises equipment downtime in your manufacturing processes. We can also fulfil your CE testing requirements for Machinery Directive, EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) and LVD (Low Voltage Directive) assessments, and produce CAD drawings to help you achieve CE compliance,
IES Offers You:
- Qualified and experienced machinery and equipment modification engineers
- Detailed machine audit services, electrical and mechanical equipment design
- Provision of clear project timelines and pricing
- Exemplary health and safety practices and mitigation of safety risks
- Preparation of machine modification specifications for customer approval
- UKCA marking, CE testing and PUWER assessments
- Reverse engineering to produce electrical and mechanical CAD schematics
- Remedial work for HSE compliance including safety circuits, interlocks etc
- Manufacture and supply of bespoke parts
- O&M Manuals
- Fixed and movable guarding installation
- A preventative maintenance schedule for modified equipment
For FAQs, guides, and tips on compliance, head to our CE Marking Resource Centre
Machine Modification Trusted by Multinationals and Start-ups
The quality of our manufacturing equipment modifications service is reflected in the IES client list, which includes multinationals such as GE, Intel and Cadbury. We can work on an equipment modification project independently, or in partnership with in-house engineering teams.
Our machine refurbishment and modification services are also focused on the grass roots. We provide flexible workshop facilities to support local companies and start-ups, helping to reduce overheads in challenging markets. IES works with manufacturers in hi-tech industries such as semiconductor, print and pharmaceutical, working with a broad variety of machines and tools from implanter equipment to state-of-the-art print presses.
Equipment Refurbishments & Upgrades – Do You Need PUWER?
If you are ready to undertake a manufacturing equipment modifications project - including equipment upgrades and refurbishment - you need to consider PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) risk assessments.
Read our quick-fire guide to understand the most important elements of these guidelines, which concern safety measures for workers using machinery and work equipment.
Discuss Your Equipment Modification Needs
If you’re considering an equipment upgrade or refurbishment, why not get in touch? You can call us on +44 (0)117 938 0600 or use our contact form