Export Packer & Case Maker
- To manufacture crates in accordance with customer specifications and IES best practice. To prepare and package goods in a manner to withstand all external action normally encountered during lifting, handling, shipment and storage.
- The post holder will carry out all packing functions as required to agreed standards with a timely and accurate process.
- Construction of cases with correct bracing as necessary, and packaging of all items in accordance with Customer, IES & industry specifications as appropriate.
- Packaging of all equipment in a manner to withstand all external action normally encountered during lifting, handling, shipment and storage.
- Strapping and stretch wrapping of goods to protect from ingress of moisture & dirt.
- Foam lining, bubble wrapping and foil bagging to protect in transit, from bracing pieces.
- Locking-down machines, securing goods to bases using brackets, as necessary.
- Ensuring cases are correctly protected by shock and tilt indicators.
- Ensuring provision of adequate imbalanced weight markings and correct way up markings.
- Indicating lifting points on the cases as per customer, IES & industry specifications.
- Indicating temperature control requirements on cases.
- Ensuring cases are correctly marked and stamped where heat treated timber is used.
- Ensuring tools used are kept clean and in good working order and reporting any inadequacies.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Participating actively in safety and other training.
- Ensuring compliance with airline security regulations.
- Reporting damage & defects in machinery, tools & equipment in accordance with internal procedures.
- Co-operating in packing workflow in accordance with schedule and deadlines.
- Participate in machinery movement as and when required.
- May be required to complete other business activities on behalf of the company from time to time in line with identified skills, competencies and experience.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Packing Department is kept tidy and in an operational, efficient, functional state always.
- Quality of records and paperwork (presentation, accuracy, timeliness and completeness) in line with company expectations and high standards.
- Completion of Customer requirements in full in an accurate and timely manner.
- All packed goods are in accordance with Customer, IES & industry specifications as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organisation & prioritisation capabilities.
- Ability to use own initiative and make considered, informed decisions, seeking advice from Senior Export Packer & Case Maker.
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies & procedures.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to cope with change.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Keen eye for detail.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality, honesty & integrity.
- Forward thinking with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
Training, Education & Experience
- Export packing & case-making experience required.
- Experience of packing & ground handling sensitive and heavy equipment.
- Experience of power tools to ensure competent, safe use.
Special Working Conditions
- Additional and/or unsociable hours may be necessary when required.
- Early starts and late finishes are not uncommon.
- Travel away from home and sometimes abroad required.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please submit your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 04EPCM0921