Field Service Engineers (FSE) - Semiconductor Equipment - Home-based
Job Term: Permanent or Labour Only Sub-Contract basis / Fixed Term Contract, Part-Time and Full-Time roles available
A leading UK-based provider of Field Service Engineering Resources supporting a wide array of Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment utilised within the Manufacturing, Research and Scientific Development industries, seeks Semiconductor Equipment Field Service Engineers to provide Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment and/or Process Engineering Service Support to its worldwide customer base.
Working from home, you will be responsible for Installation, De-Installation, De-Contamination, Hook-Up, Commissioning, Repair and Maintenance. Plus, based on your background possibly some Process Diagnosis / Development works in support of customer equipment sets and their associated processes.
Your work will involve extensive travel throughout the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World, as required, to deliver Semiconductor Maintenance, Repair, Servicing and Process Diagnostic Services at our customer sites.
In addition to Field Service and Process Support works, you will also provide any necessary customer training services to our customers to ensure safe operation, maintenance and processing of materials upon their sites and equipment sets.
The role requires regular travel to customer sites worldwide, and will only suit candidates who are able and willing to commit to regular periods spent away from home.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Candidates will ideally be time-served craftsmen possessing either ONC/HNC/HND/Degree in Engineering and are required to possess in-depth Semiconductor Equipment Repair and Maintenance and/or Process Engineering experience in any of the following areas:
- Ion Implantation
- Diffusion / CVD Furnaces
- Wet Etch, Dry (Plasma) Etch
- Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD)
- Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) / Sputtering Systems
- Photolithography, Chemical Mechanical Polish (CMP)
- Rapid Thermal Processing and Metrology (SEM, XRF, Film Thickness Measurement)
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following experience at a customer site:
- Evaluate, analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot technical equipment problems
- Repair and modify equipment
- Evaluate equipment to determine the type and extent of problems
- Repair of system-level issues (based on the FSE technical knowledge, education, and training)
- Prepare field service reports on customer support activity and provide documentation to other supporting functions on re-occurring issues
- Cross-train and assist other field service engineers as appropriate
- The nature of work requires that FSEs work independently; only occasionally requiring guidance from management
- Contribute to the capturing, re-use, collaboration, and improvement of knowledge using available systems
Candidates must be eligible to work and live within any of the following; The UK, Any European Country (Germany, Ireland, France, Austria, Poland, etc), US, Taiwan, South Korea, China, Vietnam, The Philippines, Mexico, Sweden, Denmark, and / or Russia and hold a full and valid driving license for their country of residence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit copy of your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 04FSE0921.
Include full details of all Vocational / Engineering Skills Training, Professional Qualifications and OEM Specific Semiconductor Equipment / Process Training courses and all relevant Safety Training Details (eg: special gases, chemical handling, vacuum, RAMS, general safety, etc). Copies of all qualifications, training certificates, etc will be required to be evidenced at the time of the interview, copies of which must be provided as conditional to any subsequent offer of employment made.